用考网【报名】 编辑：世芳 发布时间：2017-06-19 16:22:23
1. A) He would feel insulted.
2. D)They need improvement.
3. A) He seldom writes a book straight through.
4. D) Unlike a football match, there is no end to writing a book.
5. C) High college dropout rates among black athletes.
6. D) They make money for the college but often fail to earn a degree.
7. C) Slightly over 50%.
8. A) Coaches lack the incentive to graduate them.
9. B) Holiday shopping.
10. D) About 183.8 million.
11. C) They are thriving once more.
12. B) Higher employment and wages.
13. D) They are antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
14. D) Routine operations have become complex.
15. C) Money.
16. B) It improves students’ ability to think.
17. A) They encourage academic democracy.
18. A) His thirst for knowledge.
19. D) People tend to underestimate their mental powers.
20. B) They include more or less the same number of states.
21. C) Reviewing your lessons where the exam is to take place.
22. A) Discover when you can learn best.
23. C)He is a sociologist.
24. D) In developing countries.
25. B) Their income is less than 50% of the national average family income.
Section A 选词填空
26. L) significant
27. F) justify
28. E) drastically
29. D) doubtful
30. H) outcome
31. O) standardized
32. B) confirm
33. K) reputation
34. C) demanding
35. A) accurately
Section B 长篇阅读
Section C 仔细阅读
46. A) It is backed by a campus spending analysis.
47. B) Facilities management by colleges is more cost-effective.
48. C) render a number of campus workers jobless
49. A) The outsourcing plan is not yet finalized.
50. D) He opposed the governor’s plan to reconstruct the college board system.
51. A) It is attributable to the rising value of the U.S. dollar.
52. B) They cannot be attributed to weather only.
53. D) reduce the size of its staff
54. D) To be more competitive in sales of beauty products.
55. D) It filled its stores with abundant supply of merchandise.
During the Song Dynasty, which lasted from 960 till 1279, the economic boom made China the most developed country in the world/China became the most developed economy thanks to its burgeoning development. With the thriving economy came flourishing scenes of science, technology, philosophy and mathematics. China back then was the first country to issue paper money, use gunpowder and employ movable-type printing in the world. As population ballooned, more and more people moved to cities dotted with bustling/vibrant/dynamic entertainment venues. China during the Song Dynasty featured diverse lifestyles. people gathered to appreciate and trade valuable art works. The Song Dynasty was also administratively advanced, with all officials appointed through competitive selection.
Directions: Suppose you are asked to give advice on whether to attend a vocational college or a university, write an essay to state your opinion. You are required to write at least 150 words but no more than 200 words.
The Value of Going to University
Nowadays, there is a prevalent debate over whether to attend a vocational college or a university. Those who choose to attend a vocational college claim that it is just a waste of money and energy to go to university because what the college students learn from books is theoretical but not practical while others believe that the value of going to university should be stressed. I support the latter for the following reasons.
To begin with, many a person benefits economically from university because it equips them with the necessary expertise and innovative ideas for their career life. Moreover, university also gives us mental satisfaction because we can get along with our peers, pursuing friendship as well as love. Last but not least, the benefits of college education will last for a lifetime or even for generations because well-educated people tend to be competent both in their work and in raising their offspring.
In conclusion, even though university education may not assure instant economic return, it is rewarding in the long run. Just as the famous saying goes, knowledge is power. If one spend his college years constructively, he will lead a happier life in the future.